I’m getting more ‘experimental’ with my cup seams lately: on my last bra, I did a three part cup, and now I’ve tried a vertical seam bra. But I’ve also experimented with fabric: it’s all about satin!
I used grey stretch satin for the frame (lined, to stabilize it), white dotted powermesh for the back and a floral printed satin for the cups (lined with 15 denier). You may recall this printed satin for one of my Me Made May posts: it was the same satin I used for some of my first handmade garments ever, a skirt and a kimono!
Breaking news: mi sewing machine is back to life!! The parting was traumatic, but we’ve survived! And to overcome my withdrawal symptoms during these 2 weeks, I’ve had a little help: my Lingerie Course!
As I said, the second part of the course focused on foam cups, so here is the proof: my first foam bra!
As you remember, in the last post we talk about the supplies we need to paint our own fabric. Now that we’ve got them, we’re ready to start!
First, we should pre-wash the fabric without softener, so the paint could stick on properly to it. For better results, some fabric paint makers recommend applying Fabric Medium or Transparent Medium to the fabric before painting, or ironing it afterwards. However, the paint I’m using works pretty well without adding anything.