I’m getting more ‘experimental’ with my cup seams lately: on my last bra, I did a three part cup, and now I’ve tried a vertical seam bra. But I’ve also experimented with fabric: it’s all about satin!
I used grey stretch satin for the frame (lined, to stabilize it), white dotted powermesh for the back and a floral printed satin for the cups (lined with 15 denier). You may recall this printed satin for one of my Me Made May posts: it was the same satin I used for some of my first handmade garments ever, a skirt and a kimono!
After taking Beverly Johnson last course on Craftsy, I was so impatient to try all the pattern modifications she talks about! But, first, I wanted to draft my own bra pattern and perfect the fit. As you know, to complete that task I had the invaluable help of Kristina Shin’s book, my most loyal bra-making companion! 🙂 I believed that I finally succeeded with my Marie Antoinette bra, so now it’s the time that I’ve been waiting for!
I was so excited that I wanted to apply all the modifications to a single pattern, but then I realized that maybe I’ll end up with something like a Franken-Bra-Monster! Partial bra, keyhole bridge, front closure, tapered straps, Y back…. Too many things! So, I’ve decided to try one or two at a time.