Last week I joined the Bra-A-Week Challenge , organized by Erin. I participated with my Billie Bralette, but I didn’t say a thing here because… I was on holidays! 😀 I really liked the challenge experience: it’s a good way to improve your sewing by practicing week by week, but also a fantastic opportunity for watching other people’s work (and be so, so jealous of them!!) So, this week I’m going to participate with… the Lillian Bra Top!
Today I’ll introduce you to… Billie! *Applause* Billie is my second self-drafted bralette pattern (you can see the first here).
It features a two part cup (made of low stretch satin and lace), a slim band (black mesh) and metallic closure. I used fold over elastic for everything, but next time I’ll try a wider elastic for the band, to make it more supportive. In addition, I’ll line the lower cup in cotton jersey, to make it slightly sturdier and hide the cup seams!